Company Members will:
All company members and production program participants will be expected to sign a letter of commitment to the production. These letters will outline the time commitment and energy commitment expected of all company members during a particular production.
Our parents/guardians shall:
1. Ensure their student follows the Rules of Conduct adopted by Yukon Theatre for Young People (YTYP).
2. Ensure their student attends scheduled rehearsals regularly and shows up on time with all necessary materials, dressed appropriately, and is prepared to complete the expected activities.
3. Encourage their young person to work at home to learn materials and is ready to perform.
4. Willingly participate in Director discussions to review a young person’s progress and welfare.
5. Bring to the attention of YTYP any conditions that may adversely affect their young person's experience.
6. Maintain communication with YTYP as needed. Parents are responsible for providing a means by which to receive communication concerning production our production should maintain home, work and emergency contact information.
7. Be supportive of YTYP activities, set-build requirements, show-support functions and other activities and willingly supports and volunteers to assist as requested.
8. Ensure their language to their own student and others, as it relates to the production, is supportive, constructive, age appropriate and of a positive nature.
9. Understand that the public electronic distribution or livestreaming of any video or audio recording of any activity is not permitted, and any recording must conform to the production’s associated licensing rights (any questions about this can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
10.The parent assumes full responsibility for any act or omission of their young person during any YTYP activity.
11.The Parent agrees and understands that the Director is in charge of the production. The Director is accountable for the production outcome and is solely responsible for the creative and artistic process. Concerns with a Director’s actions or efforts should be addressed to the YTYP Board of Directors.
12.Parents may not influence or attempt to influence, challenge or question a Director’s casting, role or line assignment, or other show-related decision.
13.Parents may not ask or encourage any Board Member to violate their Board Code of Conduct, by requesting a Board Member take action on their behalf to influence or attempt to influence, challenge or question a Director’s casting, role or line assignment, or other show-related decision.
14.Understand and agree that the Director will hold closed rehearsals which restrict parents and guardians from observing rehearsals.
If at any time a parent or guardian observes actions or activities from students, YTYP staff or other parents, that they believe is inappropriate, they will promptly make the Board of Directors aware of the situation.
Parents/Guardians acknowledge that any violation of the above could result in their young person’s termination from a show or activity and the revocation of all privileges with Yukon Theatre for Young People.